New member from the Uk

Hier kun je al je kleine vragen kwijt.
Derbir100
Banden plakker
Vervoersmiddel: Senda sm and gilera smt

New member from the Uk

Ongelezen bericht door Derbir100 »

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say hello. I'm new on here but I've been a derbi fan for some time. I currently have a 2018 senda and a 2004 gilera smt project which I'm working on at the moment. I'm sure to have plenty of questions for you all if that's OK?
This forum looks to be a great source of information as the derbi and gilera are rare in the UK. I hope to visit/tour Northern France, Belgium and the Netherlands in the summer so it'd be good to meet a few of you who are in those areas.
I do apologise for using English, I'm unable to write in anything else.
Many thanks
Paul
bart_rs2
Beginnende tuner
Vervoersmiddel: 2010 Rieju RS2 Pro VERKOCHT
2005 Derbi Senda SM

Re: New member from the Uk

Ongelezen bericht door bart_rs2 »

Yeah its totally ok, english is fine. You don't see those gilera's often here either. But they're exactly the same as your usual derbi, just some fancier plastics. You got some picture's of that bike?
Derbir100
Banden plakker

I do. I just need to see how to put them on here. I bought it as a bare frame. So at the moment it's just a pile of parts.
It needs a full motor rebuild too. I have ordered a new crank and bearings. I'm going to do alot of miles on the bike so I'm not looking at anything too high revving. I have seen the airsal 70 cast iron. This seems like it will do the job. It will be run on a 21mm dellorto carb, malossi membrane and stock airbox. I just need to find a suitable exhaust. I like the look of the low exhausts.
Pro tuner
Vervoersmiddel: Aprilia RS4

Ongelezen bericht door 42 »

Hi Paul.

Depends a bit on what you want, if you dont want a high revving exhaust the choice is more limited.
You can find some here but the list is a bit old viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14
Maybe a Yasuni R2, nice powerband.

Here you can see how to post pictures on here, you can upload them on a site like myalbum.com and use the img button to put it here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3416&p=351715#p351715
Derbir100
Banden plakker

I might get the scr corse chrome. Seems like good value for money. I'm hoping to achieve 100kmh
Pro tuner
Vervoersmiddel: Aprilia RS4

Ongelezen bericht door 42 »

Great exhaust, but higher revving than the R2 and also bit faster i think.
100 should be possible.
Derbir100
Banden plakker

My motor should be able to handle it. It's having skf c3 crank bearings with a jasil evo high tech crankshaft. I will get some pictures tomorrow and try and put them up. I may put a post on the project page.
derbi-ftw
Pro tuner
Vervoersmiddel: Derbi Senda SM 2005 80cc
Derbi Senda R-Xtreme 2005 50cc
Derbi Senda Black Edition 80cc
Derbi Senda X-Treme 50cc

Ongelezen bericht door derbi-ftw »

Hello Derbir100,

Welcome to Derbi-Forum, glad to see that there are also english people joining the Derbi-Forum community.
Derbi-Forum should go worldwide :happy:

The SCR Corse Chrome is a great exhaust, nice (rather hard) two stroke sound and good performances.
www.derbipartsshop.nl Onderdelen voor jouw Derbi, Aprilia, Gilera of Piaggio www.derbipartsshop.nl
Derbir100
Banden plakker

I've ordered the scr from maxiscoot. It should be with me mid next week. I'm just waiting on some new gearbox bearings and then I can start the rebuild. Exciting but nervous
Plaats reactie