Speed Limiter

Ben je je Derbi aan het opvoeren maar wil het niet lukken? Stel dan hier je vragen.
dr.teckno
Banden plakker

Speed Limiter

Ongelezen bericht door dr.teckno »

Hi guys, I'm considering getting a 50cc moped and I was just curious to know if there is a way to limit the speed.

Due to polish AM moped licence rules, the max speed should not exceed 45 kmh
Is a stock derbi or other 50cc with factory limiters going to exceed the speed or will i have to buy something like this speed limiter for city riding:

(https://www.scooter-center.com/en/rev-l ... er=SCK2000)

Google translate eng-dutch

Hallo allemaal, ik overweeg een bromfiets van 50cc aan te schaffen en ik was gewoon benieuwd of er een manier is om de snelheid te beperken.

Vanwege de Poolse AM-bromfietslicentieregels mag de maximale snelheid niet hoger zijn dan 45 km/uur
Gaat een standaard derbi of andere 50cc met fabrieksbegrenzers de snelheid overschrijden of moet ik zoiets als deze snelheidsbegrenzer kopen voor stadsrijden:

(https://www.scooter-center.com/en/rev-l ... er=SCK2000)

Bedankt
Pro tuner
Vervoersmiddel: Aprilia RS4

Re: Speed Limiter

Ongelezen bericht door 42 »

If it has all the factory restrictions it should be fine.
When you use an electronic restrictor for a longer period of time the cdi will get destroyed.
Skakelbr
Tuner
Vervoersmiddel: Derbi drd racing 72cc
Derbi xtreme 50 (verkocht)
Rieju mrt
Speedfight 2 70cc mhr lc
Honda civic 1998

Re: Speed Limiter

Ongelezen bericht door Skakelbr »

The same rules apply here in the Netherlands.

But there are multiple ways.
You have permanent ways and the none permanent ways.

The one you sent is only meant to be turned on if you get checked by the police. As 42 explained. These electronic restrictions aren't meant to stay on for long periods and can damage electronic parts. But if turned off you can go as fast you want.

The permanent ways are restricting the airflow and/or restricting the exhaust through a constriction. Meaning you can't go faster then 45/50 kmh

So it depends on you preference
Plaats reactie